Monday, October 23, 2023

A Tiny Sticker Tale: The Perfect Amount of Fun and Whimsy

 *Note: I received a game code for the Nintendo Switch for my honest review of the game. Thank you to Ogre Pixel for the game code.


I really enjoyed Lonesome Village so when I saw that Ogre Pixel had created what looked like another wonderful game with A Tiny Sticker Tale I was excited. Described as changing the world around you with the power of stickers sounded interesting. Right away you get to play as an adorable donkey by the name of Flynn. It's a little odd that there's no real beginning to the game with Flynn arriving by boat on an island and talks to a cute rabbit who explains that anything can be a sticker. This gives a good introduction on how to do this and shows your sticker book where you can put the stickers until you need them. The rabbit also explains that she understands that Flynn is trying to find his dad on this island, but no details after that. The whole goal is finding Flynn's dad and using the power of stickers to do it. 


All the stickers so far in my sticker book. 


The game was serious when it said anything can be a sticker which includes some of the characters you meet along the way. You can pick up a character and put them in the sticker book to be placed in a different location. It's easy to figure out what can be a sticker and what can't. The game isn't mind bending puzzles and is relaxing letting you take your time to explore and enjoy. 


Placing a bunny in the world.


Some of the characters ask for help with things such as putting some trees in their favorite camping spot or taking them to a viewpoint where they can look at the moon. The fact that you can pick up the moon and sun too and make them stickers was a nice touch. You can change a scene from day to night which changes some things or allows you to enjoy a different setting in that area. 


Helping out Dusty.


There are also some endearing memory scenes of Flynn and his dad showing their shared love of stickers. Eventually it felt like I was running out of room with the stickers, but the game was ready for that providing me with a cute tent that could also be a sticker, but where I could store excess stickers as well. It also provided another adorable thing in the game, decorating my tent with various furniture items. 


Flynn and his dad look at stickers together. 


I absolutely love the artwork in A Tiny Sticker Tale. It's very cute with really nice music for each area and scene. It's charming and I found myself stopping often just to take it all in and appreciate how lovely it all was. 


Enjoying a moonlight view. 


The game itself isn't very long, I finished it in about three hours. There are collectibles to get which the game provides in the form of a sticker book showing how many items and characters you can find. I genuinely enjoyed A Tiny Sticker Tale because it has the perfect amount of fun and whimsy. It's something wonderfully creative that I've never seen before and it brought up lots of happy memories of collecting stickers when I was a kid. It's warm and gentle providing a few hours of joy which I love.


A lovely rainbow! 



*A Tiny Sticker Tale is available now on Nintendo Switch and Steam

*Join our community on Twitch as we enjoy games and discuss mental health: https://www.twitch.tv/mothergamer












No comments:

Post a Comment